Nelson Tech and Knowledge Workers - censorship blocked me


UPDATE  JUNE 2020

Once again censored from posting on the Nelson Tech and Knowledge facebook page, this time I could identify the person blocking me........city councilor Keith Page.

I was suspicious it was he blocking me before and another poster , it was he who was commenting on the other posts deleted and blocked.

As the apparent intelligent community, as the facebook page refers to itself, I was asking for their assistance to get the public data all made available for the Nelson community solar garden.  This would allow those to make calculations and begin to understand the value of solar power here.

Immediatley Mr. Page commented, obviously on the button at the moment I posted,  I suggested all the SD8 schools were unable to learn unless the info was made available.  He posted the available public link that gives no good information, I referred him back to the youtube video (starting about minute 2)  I posted showing all the missing information possible.  He didn't read it, just responded.  Then he replied OK, well let SD8 ask.  Further went on to state something about all my emails wasting the cities time.  I asked him to explain, I was blocked. 
Facebook sent me a notice saying an admit had blocked me.   Reason, trolling or something to that effect.

So councilor Page is the cities censor?  Will the Tech and Knowledge facebook page reinstate me again?   There were complaints why I was blocked before, brought back on being told not all wanted me and I was on thin ice. 

So much for free speech.  There will be accountability to this city one day for the solar garden, its not about solar its about deception, misinformation, ethics and honesty.   The project was submitted to the BCUC as FULLY funded by those opting in, false, all Nelson hydro customers are funding it.  Its actually cross subsidization.  The majority of Nelson hydro customers are subsidizing it for the money paid top those who opted in thinking it was about GHG and carbon reduction which it absolutely is not, it increases this cities carbon footprint.  Nothing is cleaner than our water power now spilling down the river with profits while we pretend this solar power has value.

The green lobby is very powerful and blocks all my posts, they don't want to hear about the reality of solar economics in BC.    For example the Dogwood BC facebook page blocks me(just one of many) as seen below






Facebook page Nelson Tech and Knowledge Workers  admin told me there are complaints regarding my posting about the Community Solar Garden  and was going to remove it.

Later another posting got me BLOCKED and booted off the site as follows:.



I posted about a city IT job that never appeared,  for Director of Technology(manager of IT).  All local jobs of any technical computer possibilities appear on this facebook page, this city job did not.
I questioned the city, they replied "no application was received from the public"  I posted this on the Tech and Knowledge Facebook page, comments such as "this smells", something stinks" were made.  A first person account from someone in the city said the job was posted internally?  I have an email saying otherwise.  I subscribe to all city info and never recalled that posting.
The HR manager got the job, title now, HR manager, Corporate Safety Officer(with raise) added to that now Director of Technology, another raise.  No known history, training, experience in IT work that I know of.   

  
UPDATE after some complaints I was reinstated but warned clearly I was on very thin ice.

I haven't posted since.


A short history of my attempt to stop the waste of public dollars for solar that doesn't work.

When I first heard the city was planning solar panels at the dam I visited the Nelson hydro manager
Alex Love thinking I could help.
I asked if the city was a business, he replied it was, I then said there has to be a business case for
solar, he replied it won't proceed without one.

I offered years of available local solar data showing it had no value here, he told me he was an engineer and that was irrelevant and showed me the door.  That arrogance was his big mistake, I have no room for that kind of bullying arrogance.

He had no idea who I was, nor did I tell him.
As a retired supervisor electronics technologist from possibly the largest provincial user of
remote solar power systems, over 120, I know solar.

The solar garden was first mentioned around 2015, I have been at this a while with little effect.

Subsequently I supplied the web addresses and info for local public solar data that included
years from the LVR high school system with on line public data among others.

The hydro manager found an engineer to provide a (phoney)  business case.
The same  engineer for the Kimberley SunMine using the same computer program with
completely different inputs in order to achieve a business case, if a solar project has a 25 year payback its considered to have a business case.......he made it work, just change some inputs.



Above is the engineers report for the Kimberley SunMine, the same engineer who did the report for the Nelson community Solar Garden using the same computer program.

I contacted the makers of the computer program asking them if the degredation column has an input because the engineer showed NO degredation for the Nelson solar garden.  They replied there was an input, therefore one must make a concious effort to remove that.
If anyone of the inputs that were changed by this engineer for his Nelson report there could not have
been a business case showing a 25 year payback.

Above the consulting engineers report for the Nelson solar garden, note how it Magically moves into payback at precisely year 25, and notice all the missing columns of data compared to the SunMine report above from the same computer program and engineer.

Alex Love manager of Nelson hydros bio shows he installed his first solar system back in 2000 and has experience with other commercial solar installations.

Classic engineer avoidance of liability, get a consultant to provide the necessary report required.

I cannot believe the manager of Nelson hydro did not know he was presenting a phoney engineers report to city council for the Community solar garden.  He is their expert, they should depend on his expertise.   This disrespects his professional ethics, the mayor and council, citizens of Nelson and Nelson hydro ratepayers who are funding all costs.

BC Utilities Commission submission from the Nelson hydro manager in two consecutive rate applications stated the solar garden was FULLY funded by those opting in.

This was a political stunt, I would have no problem if those who opted in and it were fully funded it would be a wake up call to those who think solar has a place in our future.

This was a phoney project, I do not understand how these engineers could step on their professional ethics, I can only assume they didn't think anyone would know.  And apprently nobody does, I do.

I complained to the APEGBC  (association of professional engineers and geoscientists of BC).

They did nothing.

NEXT Engineering failure to our city.

Who would install solar panels so the front row shades the back row?  Nelson did.  How did this happen?  I have the engineers drawing showing the layout spacing at 6M and panel angles at optimum.  What was installed was reduced spacing at 3M resulting in shading and shallower less optimal tilt angle to somewhat mitigate shading.

The engineers drawings in the information stated if the engineer was not involved in the inspections and work the owner (city) must keep notes.   I contacted the engineer, no comment.  I asked the city for the notes, they don't have any, I asked who signed off on these engineering changes, no body would speak.  I have continuously stated in many emails to previous mayor and council and management I am unwilling to pay for this project which was supposed to be FULLY funded by those opting in.

After one winter the ground mount ballast is shifting due to frost heaving.  The engineers drawings stated an 1800lb vibratory roller compactor to be used, this was not, only a small plate tamper.  Could this be the reason the ground mounts are moving?  Will these panels crush into each other in the next 25 years of winter freeze thaw cycles, Nelson hydro customers will pay for all future costs.

The original project was for 200 panels estimated to produce 62,000kWh annually.

I showed the hydro manager, consultant mayor council and city management years of data showing that exaggerated annual input by 25%.   Magically, 25% more panels, 48 were in the final installation and it did make the estimated power with these extra panels.  By this time they were very aware of me and obviously knew I was correct and was not going to shut up.





Beginning with spring runoff, about the same time solar power begins to be earned, spring runoff fills everyone hydro reservoir in the Pacific northwest, the water isn't even being used.  Any solar power at this time has the same value as the water spilling $0.
Nelson hydro is only licenced to make 9MW but can make 16MW when water is available.
Winter when Nelson hydro is reduced to their 9MW licenced water flows and buying most excess power from Fortis for 520% more than their own generation costs solar is next to worthless.

Solar garden power in december 525kWh at Nelson gen. cost .0087c/kWh =$4.56 at the dam. With line losses and distribution inefficiencies of 10% or more at town maybe worth $4.00.  Business case borrowed money $20,000/month.

I am not interested in paying Alex Love manager of Nelson hydro the biggest money in the city for this type of disrespect and incompetence, he has to go, that is the accountability.  CAO Cormack as his supervisor, captain of the ship, responsible has to go also.

I have the minister, the citizens adovacy, the BC Securities Commission-this was a public offering all the data is phoney, the public media is phoney, saying payback in 10 or 12 years, solar power would reach parity in 7 years, most if all think its green.
The hydro manager repeatedly in public media says it aligns with the Cities Path to 2040 all about carbon reduction.  At  a public meeting I asked him what makes the solar power green, his reply, Nobody said it was green......go ask the church groups, co ops and individuals who bought a phoney contract if they knew this.  The solar garden adds to our carbon footprint.


PHONEY PRICING.....supposedly fully funded by those opting in for their warm fuzzy feeling

Price estimate $186,000 for 200 panels  $923/panel plus admin taxes etc.

This was NEVER adjusted, real costs were never known and certainly could never have been as above final costs over $400,000,.  Now the city is using the words Largely funded!

Nothing about this was honest, there never was a business case, it was never fully funded by those opting in, the engineering was creatively garbage.

Nobody wants to hear about this or be accountable.   I am still here I will still look for
accountability, I have to be optimistic this hurts this city and its done by our highest paid professionals knowingly.

Above a graph of Kootenay river annual flow all the Orange is water spilling blue is water used for BC Hydro Canal generators 568MW,  Dark blue Fortis bonnington dams, Nelson hydro a mere spec only 9MW in winter.  90% of annual solar garden power is earned during the orange showing water spilling and not used we don't need the solar.
The remaining months the solar garden doesn't make enough power for one average home.


Cormack has had city workers sign gag orders not to speak about city business now or after retirement

Hydro works have told me Alex Love manager of Nelson hydro has told them not to speak to me
\
I was turned down twice to appear before council, once orally when Cormack appeared at the desk while I was applying with the executive secretary who said it shouldn't be a problem
I followed this up with a written application denied.

I have an email from the Nelson hydro manager telling me he would block me emails I was wasting everyones time.

Councilor Page has told me I lie,  councilor Woodward in a third party repeated email said
"now that he knows the inside story on me" whatever that is supposed to mean.

I hear through credible high level sources I am discredited, of course, I am bringing forward
\real knowledge of dishonest, discredible, unethical management in this city that we pay far too much for and a city council that is complicit, as was the last mayor and council who had all this information.
\
\I am still here..........as I told one councillor long ago, this won't get better.

its not about solar,  its about ethics, honesty, credibility and integrity, none of this exists in this
anything but open and transparent city.

They got an award for the solar garden.
Left Alex Love manager of Nelson hydro who found the consulting engineer to provide a business case
Carmen Proctor contractor who never had any experience with solar, a perfect shill to be on the radio saying solar power will reach parity in 7 years, payback in 10, etc.  ex mayor Kozak with award and
Trish Dehnel involved in some way with BC energy last I heard installing EV charging stations with millions of tax dollars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nelson Bike Route Grant Application FRAUD?

UNDERSTANDING THE VALUE OF SOLAR IN THE WEST KOOTENAYS

The Real Engineering Report on the Economics of Solar in BC